Last week I had an appointment with a new doctor.
Here is a quick breakdown of my experience:
- I contacted my primary care doctor who told me to go to a specialist, she made a referral but they never called me back.
- I found a specialist online and was told the first available appointment was in one week.
- I was told to expect to be at the appointment for 2 hours.
- I waited over 1 hour to see the doctor.
- I was moved back and forth between 4 cramped, sterile, and boring waiting areas.
- I saw the doctor for 5 minutes.
- I never heard from the doctor again.
This experience reminded me of why I hate going to the doctor! When I founded Cognitive Psychiatry of Chapel Hill I wanted an entirely different experience for my patients and that is why our patients have a completely different experience from the one I just shared with you.
Here is how we structure your doctor visit:
- No referrals necessary, you contact us directly via phone, email, chat, whatever works for you!
- Same-day and/or next-day appointments are always available.
- New patient appointments are 1 hour, no more, no less.
- You are seen at the time of your appointment. We have a no wait policy.
- You are greeted in a warm, friendly, professional waiting area with complimentary beverages and wi-fi.
- You spend 45-60 minutes with your doctor.
- You can schedule your follow-up appointment on the spot and have access to your doctor via phone or email.
- You will receive prescription refills within 24 hours or sooner when you call our office.
We value the trust you put in us as your mental health provider and strive to give you the best possible patient experience. You may not enjoy going to the doctor but we hope your time with us is as pleasant as possible!
Live Mentally Healthy,
Cognitive Psychiatry of Chapel Hill