Depression can make you feel sad, down, and unable to function as you normally would. Follow these 5 simple habits to reduce depression now!
1) KNOW YOUR HISTORY! If you or a member of your genetic family have a history of depression you may have a higher risk of depression. It will be important for you to be vigilant for symptoms of mild depression – treating mild symptoms quickly may avoid progression to more severe symptoms.
2) SLEEP. Getting routine sleep – going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time – and getting high quality sleep may be more important than the total number of hours of sleep per night.
3) EXERCISE – Routine exercise helps mood and anxiety – again it is the routine of physical activity rather than the intensity or hours at the gym that matter.
4) SOCIAL SUPPORTS – A network of family and friends are critical to good mental health. When life throws unexpected stress and tragedy at us, we need our support system to be healthy and strong.
5) PHYSICAL HEALTH – Get health insurance and make sure to get preventative health care. Declining physical health can make mild depressive symptoms much more difficult to manage.
To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, contact our office today at (919) 636-5240.
Live Mentally Healthy,
Dr. Jennie Byrne